Natural Deodorant Chat
Let's Go: Natural Deodorants, by nature (redundant?) are precarious: getting the perfect formula that blends well with YOUR body chemistry can be hassle. There are so many factors that contribute to your love or disdain of a particular deodorant product, and at Savvy Bohème, we ALWAYS want to be the one who inspires and equips you to go and do that thing you dream to do...and we want you to smell nice while doing it... We formulated, tested, and LOVE our first version of our Natural Deodorant, but held on to it because we knew that deodorant is never a "one size fits all" type of product, and we wanted to launch every deodorant product option at the same time in effort to suit every body type. In the end, we realized that there is a time for preparation, and then there's a time to get on with it. And NOW is the time to get on with it. When Doctor Who (the 10th Doctor) needed "wisdom and consolation of the soul", he uttered these words: "Allons-Y!", and then he saved whatever planet he was on... The term is french, and translates, "Let's Go!" and also, "Come with me"... So, this is us, getting on with it...Let's Go! We are pleased to present to you, "Allons-Y!" Natural (for Real) Deodorant. (Phase 1)
- extremely effective at preventing odor
- rice powder, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and sage extract work together at combating wetness
- essential oils added for antibacterial defense as well as contributing to pleasant scent downwind
- solid stick form for easy application
- organic calendula, sweet almond, and coconut oils, as well as illipe butter aid in soothing and moisturizing delicate underarm skin
- Baking Soda, while very effective at odor neutralizing, can cause sensitivity to some. We have formulated with the minimum amount necessary for effectiveness. If you notice redness and itching under your arms after use, it could be a sensitizer for you as well.
We are developing a Baking Soda-Free deodorant. That's part of Phase 2. Ask for it if you need it.Done.
- For minimum staining to white tops and spillage over tube sides, dab product instead of swiping under pits. You only need a tiny bit for effectiveness.
- All Baking Soda is Aluminum Free. Don't worry- ours is, too. See here.
- For very best results, shave underarms (if you're the shorning-type) in the evening, and apply deodorant the next morning. I don't have to do that, but my skin ain't sensitive ;)
- Allergen Alert: Contains nut oils and Sage. DO NOT USE IF PREGNANT OR NURSING. Your deodorant is SAGE-FREE- choose that option when purchasing.
- This product melts at higher temps. When it's hot, keep it inside. If it melts, bring it back inside, shake it real good, and shout at it: "Pull Yourself Together, Man!". Then leave it alone for a bit to do so. Don't put it in the fridge, though...that'll cause it to shrink.
- Natural deodorants, like ALL beauty products, may sometimes require a period of adjustment. If your product works really well, and then stops working suddenly, give it a bit more time. Your body has to adjust to the changes. In the meantime, tell people you're protesting some worthy cause by not showering. They'll tolerate your stench a bit more that way.
- For super-extra-duper active protection, first spray your pits with witch hazel or grain alcohol (PHASE 3-watch for it), then apply Allons-Y, then dust with rice or arrowroot powder.