All Natural Deodorant: Allons-Y!
Creating a universal Natural Deodorant is a precarious thing; it's like trying to be all things to all people. There are so many external variables that could make or break the product's efficacy and in turn, its marketability: body chemistry, skin sensitivity, temperature, product delivery preferences (stick, roll-on, or spray), anti-perspirant needs...the list goes on. In formulating our natural deodorant, I had 4 main objectives in mind: To create a natural (For Real-no greenwashing) deodorant that:
- works actively at obstructing bacterial growth
- has a measure of anti-perspiration for those who want control of dampness
- smells pleasant as the wind blows through the body ;) (we're considerate of those downwind!)
- has a delivery method that people would accept
- In spite of the fact that it is GOOD for us to sweat, I really wanted to reduce perspiration for our extra-sweaty people, and without aluminum, that is almost impossible. Almost.
- Even though I have been able to solidify the formula so that it is in a stick form, it's still temperature-sensitive. (Ya can't leave it in your car.)
- extremely effective at preventing odor
- rice powder, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and sage extract work together at combating wetness
- essential oils added for antibacterial defense as well as contributing to pleasant scent downwind
- solid stick form for easy application
- organic calendula, sweet almond, and coconut oils, as well as organic cocoa butter aid in soothing and moisturizing delicate underarm skin